Arranging a date to visit us
- If your application is successful, you will be invited to an appointment to try a selection of instruments.
- Appointments are offered Monday-Friday, and some Saturdays, usually at 11am or 2pm.
- As of Autumn 2022 there is around a four week wait between application and appointment, but this can be more or less depending on the instrument and availability.
- A two hour period is allocated for each appointment and we have a dedicated studio (with a piano) where you can work with the instruments in comfort and privacy.
What you need to bring to your appointment
- Your guarantor must accompany you to your appointment.
- Please bring your current instrument, bow, and some music with you - this will allow you to compare the sound.
- Photographic proof of the guarantor's identity and address in the form of a current passport or driving licence, and a utility bill or bank statement, will be required at your appointment.
- If you are over 18 you will also need proof of identity and address.
- Other family members, and teachers are welcome to come to the appointment. Space is limited however and unsuitable for more than 2 - 3 in addition to the student.
- Please also bring a method of payment for your deposit.
Making your decision
- We aim to give all our students a choice of four instruments wherever possible, and where availability permits, a variety of bows.
- When you have decided which instrument/bow you prefer, we will check and sign a condition report for that particular instrument together, detailing any previous repairs and identifying features which must be noted.
- The annual loan charge will be calculated and costs explained, and the Terms and Conditions of the loan will be thoroughly explained both you and your Guarantor.
- You and your guarantor will sign the Terms and Conditions and pay the deposit. You may then take the instrument away with you!
- We allow a four week trial period for you to work with the instrument, after which you will receive your first annual invoice.
- You will receive a loan pack containing all the information you need, the Terms and Conditions, current valuation and the service log.
- Within 24 hours you must insure the instrument/bow under your own Specialist Musical Instrument Policy and inform us of your insurer name and policy number.
- If an instrument/bow is uninsured after 24 hours, any loss, theft of damage which occur will be your financial responsibility, and you will be in violation of our Terms and Conditions.
- Information about insurance providers will be given at your appointment.