Benslow Music ILS is committed to being transparent about what data we collect about you and how we use it. We respect your right to privacy and will handle your data in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations.
We use your data
- to provide the services of borrowing, lending or donating musical instruments to you
- to manage your loan or donation, securing and retaining data for your benefit only
- to verify your identity
- to protect the musical instruments in our care
- to contact you electronically, by telephone or by post about your loan or donation
- for internal statistics to track needs and developments within the Scheme
- to enable our staff to help you when you contact us
- where we have a legal right or duty to disclose your information, for example in relation to a legal dispute or public authority investigation
In order to facilitate you borrowing, lending or donating an instrument we need to retain the personal information that you give us on the Application Form, Acknowledgment of Loan Form or Donation Form.
We will not disclose this information with any third party, except
- to comply with legal obligations
- to exercise our legal rights
- for the prevention or investigation of loss, damage or theft of an instrument
- for the protection of our employees and benefactors
We never sell lists or email addresses for marketing purposes. Your information is stored securely on our Data Base and spreadsheets, and in hard copy which is filed in our secure and alarmed premises.Only members of the Benslow Music Instrument Loan Scheme Team and representatives of our Trustee, Benslow Music Trust, have access to your records. Should you require help we are on hand during office hours and can access information about your instrument if necessary. We keep notes of both incoming and outgoing telephone calls and conversations with date and time. Any letters that we write to you are kept on file.
You have the right
- to ask for a copy of the personal data that we hold about you
- the right to request that we delete that data after 7 years or where we no longer have a legal reason to retain it
- the right to update and correct any personal data that is incorrect
- the right to opt out of our Newsletter
Should you need to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Data Protection Officer
Any Guarantor or current Borrower who does not agree to their data being stored by us will not be able to continue borrowing from the Scheme.
- As a Former Borrower your personal data is kept on record for a minimum of 7 years following the end of your loan, after which you can request that it be deleted. Please opt into our mailing list and ensure that you will still receive news about the Scheme after this time. You will be able to unsubscribe at any time after your loan ends.
- By signing our Terms and Conditions and becoming a Benslow Borrower you have agreed to your personal data being retained for a minimum of 7 years after the end of your loan. We would like to keep you informed with News and developments in the Scheme and would like you to subscribe to our Mailing List. This is not compulsory, but if you do, you will be able to unsubscribe from it at any time.
- By signing our Terms and Conditions you accept how we store your personal data and that you agree to it being kept on record for the period of the loan and retained for 7 years after the end of the loan. We would like to keep you informed with news and developments in the Scheme and would like you to subscribe to our Mailing List. This is not compulsory, but if you do you will be able to unsubscribe from it at any time.
- If you are a Donor we will keep records of your donation. If the donation has come as a bequest we will keep records of the bequest and the person who made the gift. Executors will be given the option to ‘opt in’, but in all cases their details will be retained for 7 years from receipt of the bequest. Your data will be stored securely on our data base. Hard copies are stored securely on our premises and will be destroyed after 7 years.
To keep in touch, support the Scheme and hear of News and Developments we ask our Lenders, Borrowers, Donors, Friends, Musicians, Teachers and all our Contacts to opt in to our Newsletter Mailing List to our mailing list.
Click here to Opt In
Should you have any questions please
- telephone the office on 01462 420748 or
- email us on email@example.com