Care of Your Benslow Instrument
We expect that you will take all precautions to ensure the safety and security of your instrument.
As a matter of respect for the Charity, or owner, and for the safety and security of the instrument, you must read the Terms and Conditions of Loan and abide by them.
Please ask if anything is unclear.
It is your responsibility to make sure
- the case is clearly labelled with your name and address on the outside and inside
- your instrument and bow are kept clean,
- that you take them for service and have the log book completed annually
- keep them at 18-21C away from radiators, extremes of temperature, dampness, and out of the sun,
- keep them away from pets and very young children.
You must not
- attempt any repair or alteration yourself, other than changing the strings
- have any repair or alteration done to the instrument without prior written permission
- use any repairer or restorer without prior written agreement
- leave them unattended in a vehicle
- put them in the luggage rack on a train, coach or bus
- leave them unattended and out of its case.